Must Have Items:
1. Zinka neon sunscreen
2. Olsenboye oversized rectangular sunglasses
Buy Now: http://jcp.is/L3vaRx
3. Olsenboye Martina Flat Thong Sandals
Buy Now: http://jcp.is/LGImXk
4. Retro inspired bathing suit
5. Olsenboye Belted hi-low maxi in black/white
Buy now: http://jcp.is/JAyjb3
Here at Olsenboye, we put together a list of simple Fall Favorite Activities and the perfect pieces to wear at each.
It’s finally September and you know what that means- Fashion is about to be in full force! Today marks the third year designers, celebrities and just about everyone from Manhattan to Milan will be hopping from store to store to shop their favorite collections, enjoy surprise performances and celebrate Fashion’s Night Out. Possibilities of what can happen are endless and everyone will be pulling out the stops to make sure their loyal fans and shoppers have a memorable night.
In honor of the annual celebration Olsenboye teamed up with StylecasterJTM to put together a FNO inspired playlist. Get your party dress and dancing shoes ready because tonight it’s all about Fashion (and of course don’t forget your wallets!)
1. Vogue, Madonna
2. Steady as She Goes, The Raconteurs
3. Groove is in the Heart, Dee Light
4. I’m Not Your Toy, La Roux
5. UpTown Girl, Billy Joel
6. Daylight, Matt & Kim
7. Papa’s Got a Brand New Bag, James Brown
8. New York Girls, Morningwood
9. Pumped Up Kicks, Foster the People
10. When the Lights Go Down in the City, Journey
Nothing says goodbye summer, hello fall like the MTV Video Music Award show. It’s always a reminder of what is just around the corner. On this day the years newest talent are nominated for the first time, the industries finest are recognized/honored, over the top performances happen (artists always love to one up each other) and of who can forget the fashion! MTV’s VMA’s airs on Sunday 8/31/2011 at 9pm EST/ 8pm CST- don’t forgot to tune in, especially for the red carpet arrivals. How will Lady Gaga top her last arrival on a MTV carpet?
In honor of the 2011 VMA Nominees- below is the OLSENBOYE Predictions Play List of who will win per category:
1. Best New Artist: “Pumped Up Kicks,” Foster the People
2. Best Rock Video: “Howlin’ For You,” Black Keys
3. Best Female Video: “Firework,” Katy Perry
4. Best Collaboration: “All of the Lights,” Kanye West Featuring Rihanna and Kid Cudi
5. Best New Video with a Message: “Mean,” Taylor Swift
6. Best Choreography, “Run the World (Girls),” Beyonce
7. Best Pop Video: “Till the World Ends,” Britney Spears
8. Best Male Video: “U Smile,” Justin Bieber
9. Best Hip Hop Video: “6 Foot, 7 Foot,” Lil Wayne
10. Video of the Year: “Rolling in the Deep,” Adele
Tell Olsenboye who you think will win this year!
It’s that time of year when long days at the pool, summer camps, hanging out at the mall, fun nights with friends and the carefree days of summer are coming to an end. Although, so many dread the thought of having to reprogram their routine to add school back into the mix; setting alarm clocks, after-school practices, cafeteria food and of course homework- there is something exciting about the night before the first day. There is an entire summer of anticipation built up for the moment you walk into the classroom. Even though many say they do not want to go back, there is the excitement of seeing friends, maybe that crush and of course making another year of unforgettable memories.
Olsenboye took a survey: “What is Your Favorite Back-To School Memory?”
See what fans of the brand had to say for their first day back:
@Ladybug_Lloyd: “The butterflies in your stomach and throat as you walk through the doors for that first time… “
@wafer314: “Fresh new crayons make me think back to school.”
@SaraA82: “Going and getting a new pencil case and stationary!!! Love writing on the first page of new school books too!!!”
@Symantha :“Friends, fashion and fun! I loved catching up with my friends and buying new clothes for school, gotta love it!”
@joannaonthelake: “My favorite Back-To-School memory was new clothes, school supplies I hadn't yet lost & resuming sport/fun activities!”
@EnglishIvy94: “As far as back to school shopping goes, I remember when Olsenboye first launched and wanting the entire line.Same thing this year.”
@creep4ward: “My favorite Back-To-School memory was seeing all my friends for the 1st time again-- and tan!”
@mom321: “Shopping for new school clothes! So fun!”
Olsenboye: “School supplies, sharpened pencils and a year of endless possibilities.” And of course… CLOTHES!
Next Up…. How to plan your perfect Back- To-School wardrobe with Olsenboye
As everyone is gearing up for back-to-school, whether it's clothes shopping (ahem… Olsenboye only of course), getting new school supplies or praying you do not get stuck sitting next to you know whom on the first day. It is important to take a moment and think about those less fortunate.
Olsenboye is currently offering a limited edition change purse- exclusively at select JCPenney stores and JCPenney.com for $9.99 until August 27th. 100% of the proceeds will support the Pennies From Heaven campaign, which gives back to local afterschool programs nationwide. The good news is not only will you be giving back to your peers, but this a one of a kind design. Let the change purse become one of your fall staples, use it as a pen case for school, a change purse, make up bag or as a make- shift wallet. The possibilities are endless for how you can use this bag and for those you will help.
As the saying goes, “Find a Penny, Pick it up and all day long you’ll have good luck” give someone else the luck you’ll find this Fall with Pennies from Heaven, Olsenboye and JCPenney.
Buy Now: http://jcp.is/qMwYV2
Join the Challenge: http://pennies.crowdtwist.com
Stay tuned for more back- to-school tips next week. Olsenboye is taking a survey: What is your favorite back to school memory?
As summer approaches and travel plans are finalized there is one thing that keeps coming back into my mind… LUGGAGE!! I already own an amazing customized trunk, but sometimes I just want to change it up whether it is with a vintage designer piece (a girl can dream!), a new carry on (bold colors for the summer) or a great little weekend bag for those long- not long enough weekends, like the one quickly approaching.
Louis Vuitton Three Piece Set:
Hermes Leather and Canvas Suitcases:
Colored Carry- On: Yes Please!
Now that we have gotten carried away with luggage, colors, vintage vs. new the real dilemma: What to pack?
(Travel tip: Always check the weather before making any important wardrobe decisions).
Since the sun will be out this weekend, here are our Top Five Olsenboye picks for packing:
1. Border Print Dress: Perfect to pair with a sandal and can go from day to night with a little black cardigan. Buy Now:
Buy now: http://jcp.is/j9ZHi6
2. Cropped Legging: This weekend forget the perfect little black dress and exchange it for these perfectly cropped leggings. Pair with a bright colored tunic or an over-sized belted t-shirt.
Buy now: http://jcp.is/mESnhL
3. Lace Ruffle Dress: As the rule goes, after Memorial Day it is safe to wear white. We know you've been waiting all year and now the time has arrived! Take this dress from day to night just by throwing on a jean jacket and you're set!
Buy now: http://jcp.is/mESnhL
4. Ruffle Tank: A printed tank is essential to pack even if you decide not to wear it. Pair with a cropped legging (Pick 2), a skirt or a pair of jeans.
Buy now: http://jcp.is/jTRrrf
5. Scissor Sandal: If you are packing light, we recommend this sandal because it is perfect for both comfort and style.
Buy now: http://jcp.is/j9ZHi6
Now that luggage and clothes have been decided on.. Happy Packing! I am so excited for summer, traveling and all the memories that will be made with friends and family, which reminds me I cannot forget to pack my camera!
Happy Memorial Day!
Hello! My name is Gala Darling. I'm originally from New Zealand, but moved to New York City in 2008 in pursuit of adventure! I was really fortunate to be asked to participate in this shoot for Olsenboye's holiday campaign, so maybe you could say my time in NYC has been a success! Adventure has definitely found me!
(click "read more")
I am excited to share my favorite looks and trends from the Spring 2011 London Fashion Week runways:
1. (Up top) Matthew Williamson/Military: Love this military inspired look! The fringed jacket paired with corset top is edgy and feminine... Her simple shoes and slicked backed hair wrap up the look.
2. Twenty8Twelve/Preppy: The long, exaggerated blazer paired with printed collared romper is a simple, relaxed look I adore for Spring. In a word- effortless. Her bow sandals are also super cute!
3. Burberry/Rock ‘N’ Roll: Burberry never lets me down! The rocker shines through in this look and the bright belt adds a perfect pop of color to the neutral palette.
4. Burberry/Ruffles & Metallics: Ruffles make everything fun and girly! Mixing ruffles with metallics creates a fierce look, like this one! The quilted shoulders of the jacket mixed with varying sized ruffles on the dress add a good bit of texture to the outfit
Did you follow the London fashion shows? Xo- Esme
PS. The images are from Style.com- my favorite site to surf all of the collections.
Wednesday night London celebrated Fashion’s Night Out. The Girls and I visited lots of exciting events, our favorites moments below…
1) Selfridges was a madhouse! They hired an American Vogue Editor- Anna Wintour (the mastermind behind Fashion’s Night Out!)- lookalike to walk around the store. She was answering questions all night and people really thought it was her. Very clever.
2) We caught a glimpse of Gwenyth Palthrow at the Stella McCartney Store!
3) At Christian Louboutin, there was a “Mad Hatter's Tea Party,” and we tried on the perfect red lipstick from NARS (and shoes of course!). Plus look at this amazing cake!
All in all, it was a very fun and fashionable night. Can't wait for next year!
The LA crew has passed on the Olsenboye Trunk. Hello London!
Esme, Alice and Maria are ready to show you around their hometown through films, London-inspired music, blog posts and fun pictures here at Olsenboye.com.
In the first film, the ladies head to Trafalgar Square, one of the most famous squares in the UK (and even the world!). It's right in the heart of London and full of exciting art, celebrations, statues and sculptures. Fun fact: the Square is owned by the Queen of England!
PS. Don’t you love their new Olsenboye duds? Check out the brand new fall collection at JCPenney.com or a JCPenney store near you.
We're excited to share a guest blog from the Olsenboye Design Contest winner, Grace Buckley! Her NYC diary:
When I first got to New York I had no idea what to expect, I just knew that it was going to be one of the greatest experiences ever. The first exciting thing that happened? I went down to the baggage claim in LaGuardia airport and someone was holding a sign with my name on it, just like they do in movies…I kept the sign.
Within an hour of arriving in the city, I practically ran into Christian Siriano at Bryant Park! Fabulous! We had lunch there and enjoyed the heat…it was 90 degrees, much different than the 59 degree weather we came from in Maine!
The rest of the day’s adventures included a trip to Mood Fabrics to swatch for collection ideas, a walk through Times Square, and tickets to see an off-Broadway show that night called “The 39 Steps.” (If you have a chance to see it you should, it was amazing!) We returned to our beautiful room on the 12th floor of Morgans New York Hotel. The bedroom had a view of the Empire State Building! There was also a gorgeous vase of flowers from JCPenney that were pink and green…my favorite colors!
The next morning the driver brought us to Mary-Kate and Ashley’s showroom, home to the Olsenboye and Elizabeth and James collections. Mary-Kate and Ashley arrived and gave us a warm welcome. I must say, these girls were unbelievable. They are two of the sweetest and most intelligent people I have ever met. I practically grew up watching their TV shows and movies, and they are everything I thought they would be and more. We also met their business partner Jane, who was also a very friendly person, with a ton of knowledge about the fashion industry. The girls gave us all a tour of the offices and of the upcoming collections and inspirations for both lines. I had the opportunity to hear all about how they translate their ideas into clothing, and just how fast paced and exciting the whole process is.
If there was one piece of advice that stood out to me, it was that mistakes aren’t really mistakes if you learn from them. Everything is a learning process, and if you believe in yourself and what you are doing, you will succeed. I was so fascinated with everything that I saw and learned while I was there, and I am so grateful to everyone who made it possible for me to experience something so wonderful.
Right after meeting Mary-Kate and Ashley, we were taken to JC Penney to shop. I got a ton of Olsenboye stuff, it is adorable! After that we headed into Soho for window shopping, and then had dinner at Asia de Cuba that night. The next morning before the plane ride we went up to the top of Rockefeller Center which has an incredible view of the entire city, and it was a nice way to finish off the trip.
I never imagined I would get the chance to meet Mary-Kate and Ashley, and I still can’t believe it actually happened. The whole trip was a dream come true, and I left feeling very inspired and influenced by the girls. If I could give advice to young designers like myself it would be to advance boldly in the direction of your dreams…the hard work pays off! <3 Grace
I’m a music junkie! I just can’t seem to get enough and I’m super excited some of my favorite artists are performing this summer in LA! I can’t wait to see:
Kings of Leon- July 12 at the Hollywood Bowl
Fav song: Closer
Justin Bieber- July 20 at Nokia Theatre
Fav song: Baby (stuck in my head all day, every day!)
Keith Urban- July 23 at Los Angeles Tennis Center
Fav song: Days Go By
The Monster Ball Tour Starring Lady Gaga- August 11 at the Staples Center
Fav song: Eh, Eh
*more excited for the costumes than the music
John Mayer- August 22 at the Hollywood Bowl
Fav song: Daughters
Dave Matthews Band- August 23 at Hollywood Bowl
Fav song: Crash Into Me (a classic!)
Check out my favorite songs from each artist! Faith and I are swinging by the mall today for concert outfits. My summer concert attire usually includes flat, easy shoes for dancing and loose, flowy tops to stay cool.
Are you going to any concerts this summer in your town?
My film class recently took the Universal Studios Back Lot Tour. It’s a peek behind the scenes of movie making.
The trams that take you from set-to-set have built-in flat screens that show clips and explain how movies are made along the way. It was very interesting. Plus, the tour guides are funny and provide some cool facts!
We saw movie sets in the process of filming (we had to be quiet at one point because a film was in progress!), and also passed iconic sets and props like the house from the original Psycho movie, tableware from the Flintstones movies, and the Desperate Housewives’ houses.
The tour is interactive too! Characters pop out of the sets. I won’t give too much away, but my favorite part of the tour was when JAWS himself came swimming up to the tram! If you’re ever in LA, it’s definitely worth checking out.
Congrats to Grace from Rockport, Maine on her grand prize-winning design! See the rest of the first price winners here.
Log onto Olsenboyedesigncontest.com and cast your vote for your favorite Olsenboye design!
Ashley and Mary-Kate selected the Top 10 entries- Now it’s in your hands to determine the grand prize winner who will meet Ashley and Mary-Kate and spend a fabulous few days in NYC! Vote now!
In honor of Earth Day, we carpooled today and made sure to recycle our water bottles- although these are good habits to get into on a regular basis!
While we are conscious about what we wear, we’d like to start being a little more eco-conscious in our wardrobe styling, and found some fun options for a girl who wants to stand out but also help make a difference!
Here are our Earth Day-friendly styling tips:
- Substitute leather shoes and handbags for something more lightweight for summer. Canvas shoes and bags are great— and there are many options in the Olsenboye Collection! Many designers are now even incorporating vegan products into their collections like Stella McCartney.
- Recycled clothing is the perfect way to take something old that you don’t wear anymore and reinvent it into some new and useable. An old sweater or pillow case can be reworked into a handbag or vest. Try using your imagination and see how you can recycle your old items into something fabulous! Also, when in stores, look for items that are made from recycled products. You would be amazed that your new favorite blazer was once an old discarded bottle.
Do you have any sustainable style tips to share?
We've said bon voyage to NYC and headed west to LA (did you see the latest film?). This weekend, we drove out to Indio, CA for the Coachella Music Festival. We encountered bold indie fashion and great music.
Rachel Bilson, above, perfected music festival chic. Our outdoor concert/music festival must-haves:
- cutoff jean shorts: the essence of cool, boho-chic
- hat or headwrap: a hat keeps the sun at bay, and a headwrap is a great, chic way to keep your hair out of your eyes
- breezy top: when it’s hot, a gauzy, breezy blouse will keep you cool
- boots: boots with shorts or a skirt are stylin’ – plus they keep grass off your feet!
- across-body bag: store your essentials in a cross-body bag that keeps hands free, and you won’t have to worry about losing it when you hop from stage-to-stage
We rolled some of our favorite headliners from the festival into a playlist for you.
Olsenboye Ultimate Coachella playlist
- Phoenix- If I Ever Feel Better
- She & Him- In the Sun
- LCD Soundsystem- Someone Great
- Vampire Weekend - Cousins
- Passion Pit - Sleepyhead
- Miike Snow- Animal
- Pavement- Cut Your Hair
- Gorillaz- Rhinestone Eyes