Roam Around the World... Part 1Posted by Olsenboye on 06.03.2011
With all the traveling about to happen this summer my iPod is practically my best friend. What else is going to keep me entertained walking down the street, sitting on the beach or going from plane to plane?
Check out the customized summer travel playlist, Teen Vogue’s, Style Features Editor, Andrew Bevan created for us. When he is not penning his own monthly column, (Loved his Coachella coverage in the latest issue), he can be found traveling around the world with established talent such as Alexa Chung, designer Henry Holland, finding emerging talent and DJing the hottest, most exclusive fashion parties.
Bevan’s inspiration for this playlist is from all over the world, starting on the west coast and moving east. Listen to any song on a beach, during a road-trip or use your imagination to be taken away to another place.
Grab your dancing shoes and party dress for these tunes:
1. “Party,” Nelly Furtado -Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
2. “Lust for life,” Girls - San Francisco, California USA
3. “Big Wave,” Jenny and Johnny - Los Angeles, CA USA
4. “Up Up Up,” Givers - Lafayette, Louisiana USA
5. “Roam,” The B-52s - Athens, Georgia
6. “Summer in the City,” Lovin’ Spoonful- New York, NY USA
7. “Under Cover of Darkness,” The Strokes- New York, NY USA
8. “Super Bass,” Nickie Minaj - New York, New York USA
9. “Dreams,” Passion Pit- Cambridge, Mass USA
10. “Mountains Beyond Mountains,” Arcade Fire- Montreal Quebec, Canada
11. “Only Girl in the World,” Rihanna- Barbados
12. “You & Me,” Feldberg - Reykjavik, Iceland
13. “I Follow Rivers (The Magician Remix),” Lykke Li- Stockholm, Sweden
Below are some shots of all the places that we’ll Roam to:
San Francisco, CA
Los Angeles, CA
New York City, NY
Get ready to Roam for part 2… where will the journey end?